As we begin 2012, Perry Noble gives us “7 Reasons You May Never Accomplish Something Significant.”
1. Procrastination! (Remember, procrastination is assassination on the amazing future God has for you – James 1:22!)
2. You are allowing your past to identify you rather than Christ to identify you! (See I Corinthians 6:9-11!) You are not who you were…you are who you are in Christ (II Corinthians 5:17), and if you don’t let your past die, then it won’t let you live.
3. You are more obsessed with what others think about you rather than what Christ thinks about you! (See Colossians 3:2-3, Galatians 1:10)
4. You do not understand the fact that God’s Holy Spirit lives inside of you (Ephesians 1:13-14) and has gifted you and is calling you to do something greater than you could ever imagine (Ephesians 2:10, Ephesians 3:20)
5. You are afraid (see Isaiah 41:10) – and remember, anyone who ever accomplished anything significant for Christ had to take a significant step of faith (Hebrews 11:6!)
6. You believe the lie from hell that says you are an accident when Scripture says that God custom designed you (Psalm 139:13-16) and that you were clearly created on purpose, with a purpose and for a purpose.
7. You are obsessed with things that have ZERO significance when it comes to eternity (I John 2:17).
You can find this article and others like it at churchleaders.com.